Single Thumb Image Opens Full Gallery
  • Hi
    I have PrettyPhoto working fine for a single thumb to single image, and multiple thumbs to open a corresponding gallery, but what I desperately also need is for a single thumb to open a full gallery, but only display one thumb as the placeholder. Can any one spread light on this please?
    Cheers
    Glennyboy
  • Hi
    Thanks for the direction on API, which I thought might be the case but I don't follow the setup. Say I currently have x3 images like so :-

a title="Image 1" rel="prettyPhoto[classic]" href="image_1_full.jpg" img title="title" src="image_1_thumb.jpg" alt="" width="150" height="150" /
    a title="Image 2" rel="prettyPhoto[classic]" href="image_2_full.jpg" img title="title" src="image_2_thumb.jpg" alt="" width="150" height="150" /
    a title="Image 3" rel="prettyPhoto[classic]" href="image_3_full.jpg" img title="title" src="image_3_thumb.jpg" alt="" width="150" height="150" /

How do I use the API so that image 1 calls all three as described above?

So I have x3 images with titles, the name of my gallery is 'classic' and I will also be showing more than 1 gallery in this format on page.

Also is the API PHP or Javascript? (it doesn't specify enclosing characters)

Looking forward to your response.

Many Thanks

Glennyboy

Note: to get the code to show I had to invalidate it by removing the '<' and '>' tags
  • Hi
    Just in case anyone was wondering about this I worked out a way that is really simple that doesn't require the API.

Simply put the images you don't want to show as thumbnails in a div with display:none. With the rel link prettyPhoto[your_gallery] prettyPhoto does all the hard work and finds the images associated with that gallery

Cheers
    Glennyboy
  • Thanks, Glennyboy.

I was just wondering if this was possible.
  • Thanks Glennyboy.. I tried it, and it worked, but for some reason when I put in 2 links its saying I have 4.. its weird?? Did you get this?

Here is my code..

• div class="work-link clearfix">
  • div class="work-link clearfix">

• div class="work-link clearfix"
    a rel="wp-prettyPhoto[events]" href="
    ">
    !-- -->div style="display:none"
    a rel="wp-prettyPhoto[events]" href="http://vimeo.com/15958527"
    /div
  • I simply put width="0" height="0" for all the other thumbnails I don't want to be seen.
  • just don't include the thumbnail code, the thumbs shown within the main lightbox are taken from the fullsize images anyway...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter