Prettyphoto not working in IE and Chrome but partially works in firefox
  • Hi,

I run an adult toy site.

My prettyPhoto has suddenly stopped working properly. I HAVE been working on my site but haven't knowingly changed anything related to PrettyPhoto. I HAVE been updating products but nothing image related. Since the errors appeared I've reinstalled all of the current prettyPhoto files but to no avail.

In IE and Chrome when you enlarge an image you get it enlarged but on the top left of the screen with a white background.

In Firefox you get it enlarged in the centre of the screen with the black background, as it should be, but with no links (twitter/facebook) and no < or > for multiple images.

I've seen a previous forum post here stating that its because there are some html errors in the code. I've been to http://validator.w3.org/ and as an example i've found on product page (http://www.cpsextoys.co.uk/condoms-control-condoms-pasante-delay-condoms-12-pack-p-1666.html) that it gives the following PrettyPhoto related errors:-

"NET-enabling start-tag requires SHORTTAG YES" with the quoted line of code being "photo.css" type="text/css" media="screen" title="prettyPhoto" charset="utf-8" />"

and

"document type does not allow element "LINK" here" with quoted line of code being "photo.css" type="text/css" media="screen" title="prettyPhoto" charset="utf-8" />"

I've tried to follow what it says to fix the problem on w3.org but with no luck so can anyone please help me to get it up and running again properly??

I'm a coding novice so please be gentle with any instructions!

Thanks in advance,

Matt
  • Can anyone help please?

Thanks!
  • No? No one? Hmmm so have I asked a stupid question?? Is it obvious what i need to do??

PLEASE?!
  • I also customized prettyphoto for my needs ... I can take a look at yours and see what happened
  • Hi franckmercado, thanks for the offer of help and my apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

I've been trying to get help in various forums and so far I've been told that my code is commenting out the prettyphoto code in some way.

I've looked and have had no luck in working out which piece of code and in which file they mean?

Can you offer any advice please?

Thanks

Matt
  • Hi franckmercado,

I've sorted it now!

Thanks for the offer of help though.

Matt
  • hey guys am new here and newbee to prettyphoto
    am having issues with my prettyphoto icons loading properly locally but not loading on the server. what could be the problem?
  • Hi Souljacker,

What was your solution. I having a similar problem.

Sacs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter