Doesn't seem to work in IE8
  • For some reason, when I test this in IE8, I get nothing.

Here's the init code:
    $(document).ready(function(){
    $.prettySociable();
    $("a[rel^=\'prettyPhoto\']").prettyPhoto();
    });

Works fine in FF 3.6

Any insights? Or better question, where do I start debugging this?
  • I have a test URL here if you wish to see what's up...

http://globalchangemultimedia.net/js_test
  • This is really bizarre. Although it works on your website fine in IE. I can't get it to work on MINE. If you have any insights, they'd be much appreciated.
  • OK, found it:

From this website http://webdeveloperplus.com/jquery/quick-easy-way-to-implement-drag-n-share-with-jquery/
    "To get this script to work correctly in IE, you will need to set margin and padding values in the style-sheet for anchor elements which are draggable."
  • Hi,

The last post here says "set margin and padding values in the style-sheet for anchor elements which are draggable." to get it to work in IE.

Could anyone provide a little bit more information on this, e.g. where to set the style, what exactly needs to be added, etc.

Many thanks
  • Did you ever figure this out? I think I have the same issue...

Why can't IE play with the rest of the browsers? Is this job security for webdevelopers or what!
  • The issue is with the ps_tooltip variable. Global variables and DOM element ids share the same namespace. Since ps_tooltip is declared as both a variable AND as an ID for a DOM element, the two conflict with each other, which is what's causing issues in IE.

In jquery.prettySociable.js, replace:
    ps_tooltip = $('<div id="ps_tooltip"> with
    var ps_tooltip = $('<div id="ps_tooltip">
    The 'var' keyword scopes the ps_tooltip variable to tooltip.show(), resolving the conflict.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter