Remove facebook and Twitter buttons from PrettyPhoto
  • Hey guys,

Simple problem and hopefully a simple solution: For what I'm using it for, I do not need the Twitter and Facebook buttons at the bottom of the PrettyPhoto overlay.

I tried to open up the JS and remove it manually but I'm not too great at deciphering Javascript.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
  • go with css

.pp_social{visibility: hidden!important;}

might it will work.
  • Hi,
    using the parameter "social_tools: false" would be the easiest way to do...
  • I know this is a late reply but "social_tools: false" was what I went with.

All is working well! Thanks, guys.
  • Hi, just looking for the "social_tools:" parameter, is it in the jquery.prettyPhoto js file?

I tried adding false to the first instance of it, but it just stops the lightbox working. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.
  • Please excuse my ignorance. Where would I add "social_tools: false"? I looked in prettyPhoto.css but I don't see where to add it.

Thanks
  • I figured it out. Thanks.
  • Where did you put social_tools: false? Sorry, I'm having a hard time figuring this out.
  • n/m, figured it out thanks to http://forums.no-margin-for-errors.com/discussion/1527

scaron says:
    To remove the social tools, simply turn the social_tools setting to false. Like so
    $("a[rel^='prettyPhoto']").prettyPhoto({social_tools:false});

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter