I can't see the arrows !
  • I don't know why, but the arrows are not displayed. I can't see them !
    I can click on the area where they should be there, and it's working fine, but the arrows are not displayed ! (I checked the url in the css and it seems to be the good one).

Thanks for your help.
  • Can you provide us with a demo link?

Thanks
  • Sure: here it is => http://.... (not available anymore...)

Plus there is a problem with my thumbnails which are cut... (http://forums.no-margin-for-errors.com/discussion/1592/my-thumbnails-are-cut-/#Item_1)

Thanks
  • This is not prettyPhoto... you changed it?
  • No it's PrettyGallery. I didn't change anything except of the following: in the "jquery.prettyGallery.js" file, on the top of the document, I've written that I wanted four thumbnails per page, bigger thumbnails (199px width and 133px height), and french labels:
    (and whatever the galleryWidth is, it doesn't change anything...)

jQuery.fn.prettyGallery = function(settings) {
    settings = jQuery.extend({
    itemsPerPage : 4,
    animationSpeed : 'slow', /* fast/normal/slow */
    navigation : 'bottom', /* top/bottom/both */
    of_label: ' de ', /* The content in the page "1 of 2" */
    previous_title_label: 'Précédent', /* The title of the previous link */
    next_title_label: 'Suivant', /* The title of the next link */
    previous_label: 'Précédent', /* The content of the previous link */
    next_label: 'Suivant' /* The content of the next link */
    }, settings);
    return this.each(function(){
    // Global variables needed in multiple functions.
    var currentPage = 1,
    itemWidth = 199,
    itemMargin = 9,
    itemHeight = 133,
    galleryWidth = 796,
    pageCount = 0,
    animated = false,
    $gallery = $(this);
  • I am having the same issue. When I preview my site locally with my web page software (WebPlus X4) I can see the next, previous, close, expand, etc. pics. But once I actually upload the site and view the pages live I can no longer see any of the arrows or x's, and the border is missing...almost like it is not using the sprite at all. Please see this page- http://ryanshangar.webplus.net/menu.html
    Uses of prettyPhoto are "Allergen Information", "Undercooked Food Warning", "1/2 lb Cheeseburger", and the first two cheesecakes in the desserts section.
  • No idea please ?
  • Hi, I had the same problem as well and solved it with css in the prettyGallery.css file. I had already assigned a global backround-color to my anchor tags in my site stylesheet. This was overriding the backround-images for the arrows in prettyGallery. I solved it with one line at the top of the prettyGallery.css file:

li a {background-color: transparent !important;}

Hope this helps!
  • I had found the solution, but lost my backup... so I'm asking for help again on this same issue !

(@tylerbre : doesn't work with me)
  • floestra, did you ever figure out the problem again? I´m having the same issue
  • I just found it again after weeks and weeks of questioning! And what a silly thing: there was an antislah missing in my CSS code on the "prettyGallery.css" file, at the point where there's the path to the image:

background: url("/prettygallery/images/prettyGallery/pagingNav.png") top left no-repeat;

the really first one : url("/ <= this one here!<br />

Hope this help you!
  • I'm using prettyPhoto and having the same problem. None of the suggestions here worked... other suggestions???

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter